Friday, March 22, 2013

Flashback Friday #14 - The Met

For the past 4 years I was always able to make it up to New York City to spend my spring break with my sister. This year I had to break that streak, but in honor of that wonderful tradition I wanted to talk about New York in this week's flashback. The photos above were taken in 2009, the first year of my spring break travels to the big city, and they show some of the most humorous construction fencing I have ever seen. These great photos were placed outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art as the usual "pardon our mess during construction" fencing and depict museum patrons posed with some of the famous artwork and artifacts housed inside. The rest of the fencing said in simple text "It's Time We MET." Such a clever slogan for the Museum, which is more commonly called The Met. I really like the lightheartedness of the display and it really made me want to enter the building! But alas the entire front entry was undergoing a facelift and my visit would have to be postponed. Actually, now that I think of it, I STILL have yet to go to The Met! I had 4 years to do it and I let it slip by! I guess with a city as big as New York your list of things to do never ends and that is one that I have yet to check off. But never fear, I have no doubt that I will get my chance and I do believe it is high time that we Met! - Keep it REAL readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment