Friday, July 18, 2014

Flashback Friday #29 - Mark Pariani - Productions

Hello readers! Today is Flashback Friday and I wanted to take a second to reflect on my personal photo and design brand Mark Pariani - Productions. It all started in high school when I first discovered an interest in photography and design. At that time I grabbed any camera I could get my hands on and constantly took images while out with friends, on family trips, or even just around my neighborhood. I never did it as a means to any end, I just wanted to have fun and document what was happening around me. As technology advanced I was able to pick up better cameras and I continued to always shoot anywhere I went. There were only a few times early on where I decided to try my hand at freelance and commission work. One of those early attempts was something I called "HouseBook." It started with my family wanting to document the current conditions of our house and it's contents for insurance purposes, so I photographed the entire house inside and out. It was my first venture into creating a real product and I ended up selling a few to friends and neighbors. I greatly enjoyed the process and I learned a lot, but I still enjoyed shooting for myself more. Thankfully I kept at it and even studied photography and design in college. I still to this day mainly shoot only for myself because that's how much I enjoy it, but I also love sharing my work with other people as well as helping them document their own special events. That's why I started Mark Pariani - Productions to share my work and put my name out there in case anyone needs a photographer. So, you might be saying to yourself "Mark, this is all just a shameless plug." And you would be right! Haha - But even so I hope you now have a better understanding of why I love photography so much and how that translates into what I shoot and how I shoot. If are interested in seeing more of my work you can check me out on all of my social media outlets! - Facebook - Twitter - Tumblr - Behance - Instagram - and never forget to Keep it REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment