Wednesday, October 26, 2011

SCAD Museum of Art Opening

Tonight was the opening of the SCAD Museum of Art! A very exciting moment in the history of SCAD as well as the city of Savannah. I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy it for my last academic year as well as during future visits. I also know the architect of the museum, Christian Sottile, and have had the pleasure of visiting his office/studio and discussing the ideas behind the museum. It has been very nice to be able to get a behind the scenes look at the design of the museum. This has also been a lot of help in the research for my thesis project. Christian agreed to be a topic consultant for my thesis and discussions I have had with him have proved very helpful and I am very excited to continue working on my thesis. As for the museum, if you are in Savannah you should stop on by! You will enjoy it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment