Friday, March 2, 2012

Experimental Inkjet Printing - Fabric


Check this out! Even more experimental printing! These pieces above are black and white photos that I turned into silhouettes printed on fabric samples. When I was going through this process I thought about the material and most of the fabric I had to print with had bold colors, which I knew would clash with any type of photo I tried to print on them. It was then that I decided to print these silhouettes on them instead because they would not clash as much. The result turned out more like a graphic design project and I quite like how they look. I think I might try to do more work like this. Not necessarily on fabric, but the same process of printing a silhouette onto a surface that is already bold or patterned would be very interesting and would make for very unique pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment