Friday, February 7, 2014

Flashback Friday #22 - LEGO

Today is the opening day for The LEGO Movie and I am not even exaggerating when I say I have literally been waiting my entire life for a LEGO movie. I've been playing with LEGOs since probably before I could walk and credit them with my decision to study architecture. I wanted to share some photos from my first visit to LEGOLand Florida back in December of 2011. The park is really geared towards a much younger audience, but LEGOs will always speak to the kid in me and anyone who thinks differently I say - "You can't ruin my fun!" Which is exactly what I told my family when we were heading to the park that chilly December morning. I had somehow convinced them to go with me and they were teasing me the entire drive about how excited I was. And when I heard years later about The LEGO Movie I showed the same excitement! I plan on seeing the movie very soon and regardless of whether it's good or not - You can't ruin my fun! But, if you're still on the fence just take a look at it's current Rotten Tomatoes score! And if you want a relic of a flashback to round out your Friday take a look at this LEGO Movie I made 7 years ago. I made it the summer before my freshman year at SCAD and you can see those art school tendencies building. Keep it REAL and (as LEGO would say) Play Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment