Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Old Modis Building


Hey again! Here are two more details for your enjoyment. These were taken in Jacksonville at the foot of the old Modis building. They took the Modis sign off the top fairly recently but it will forever be the Modis building to me. Come to think of it I don't even know if the building has a proper name or not. Everyone I knew just called it the Modis building. It's a fairly interesting building and its one of the largest in the downtown area. The site planning around the building is very un-friendly though. The sidewalk is very narrow and goes right up the the edge of the building. Plus in some areas the sidewalk slopes down away from the building making it difficult to walk around and even somewhat dangerous since its right next to the street. Regardless I still got both of these photos and they turned out quite nice. I think the one on the right even looks Egyptian in design. Pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment