Friday, May 17, 2013

Flashback Friday Special - Star Trek

Hello readers! Today I will be seeing the new Star Trek movie in IMAX 3D and I wanted to give a Flashback Friday Special shout-out to The Wrath of Khan (1982). I just recently watched Khan for the first time and now I finally understand why Trek fans praise it as the best movie in the franchise. It has a good revenge story, some clever tactics from both sides, and one of the best villains of any movie. Khan, played by Ricardo Montalban, has some of the most quotable lines of any movie character and he is merciless in his chase of captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise. I have already heard lots of good about the new movie Into Darkness and after reading a short review in the newspaper I have learned that it takes inspiration from The Wrath of Khan. Here is hoping that the villain (this time played by Benedict Cumberbatch) will be just as good because, as we all know, a hero is only as good as his villain. "He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!" "To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Khan. - Keep it REAL readers and go see Star Trek Into Darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment