Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

Veterans Day 2011. 11-11-11. Savannah Parade. It was by complete coincidence that I ended up walking by the parade this morning. I had just finished a visit to a local architecture firm as part of a field trip for one of my classes. I wanted to take a different way home and I ended up walking down Broughton Street and that was where the parade was going on. Normally I am not a fan of parades but this one grew on me because the more I watched the more thankful I became that we have brave men and women who are willing to risk their lives to protect our country. I don't usually think about this fact because I don't really keep up with the daily news or politics, but when this massive wave of marching soldiers came walking down the street towards me I realized, maybe for the first time, just how many people it takes to safegard our lively-hood. It goes without saying that freedom is not free, so today I say thank you to our troops for all they do to make sure that the rest of us are safe. It is certainly something that I could never do and I will never again take that for granted. Thank you Veterans, you are truly real life heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment