Saturday, November 26, 2011

Costco

Costco, for those of you who don't know, is a wholesale super store. It is a suburban American tradition for my family and this year we found ourselves there on black Friday (in the afternoon). Costco does not give discounted deals on black Friday because everything is on discount all the time because it only sells bulk items. As my Dad likes to say (taken from the Bernie Mac Show, RIP) "Blessed in Bulk!" The main reason we went is to take my sister's boyfriend Satyajit, who was visiting this year and who is originally from Indian. He had never experienced Costco before but had to do a case study in one of his graduate school classes and was very interested in seeing what the big deal was. He was very impressed by American consumerism to say the least. In all the years I have been going to Costco with my family I have never once taken photos inside. I guess I had never wanted too or I guess I did not think I would be allowed, but this time I just took my camera in and began snapping away. My Mom told me that one of the workers was giving me the evil eye but since no one actually approached me I kept taking photos. Sometimes as a photographer you just have to keep taking photos even if you might be asked to stop and you will wind-up with gems like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment