Monday, April 2, 2012

New York Spring Break 2012 - Street Photography


As you probably have realized by now, taking photos of people is not my strong point. I am trying to get better at it though and on this trip I branched out a bit and did some "street photography." Usually when I think of street photography I just think of what it means for me, and what that usually ends up being is photography of buildings and architectural details. But what real street photography consists of is people interacting with their environments. These two were the two best ones I came up with. In the first one I love how the sign fell right between the two girls walking and it does a great job of mirroring their action. In the second one the girl is standing perfectly in the middle of the manhole cover, which pretty much completes the entire photo. This type of photography is very popular in places such as New York because of all the different people and I hope to explore it more in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment