Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pantheon in Chalk

Here is the square I did for the 2012 Sidewalk Arts Festival. I was so busy all week with my thesis project that I had no time to think about what I was going to draw for the festival so in order to get some last second inspiration I started looking through some old photos of mine and I ran across this photo of the Pantheon ceiling I took back in the summer of 2010 while on the SCAD study abroad trip. When I looked at it I said "That's it!" Luckily I had an extra print of it so I grabbed it and went. Plus, just the day before I had my 3rd Thesis Defense presentation and it went very well so I felt that I needed to extend the good architecture vibes. I got a lot of good comments during the festival while I was drawing it out and most people picked up on what it was very quickly. A few others saw vastly different things, which was quite interesting. One of the most different things by far was that someone thought it was the The Large Hadron Collider at CERN. I don't see that one as much but oh well. The best part was that the co-founder and president of SCAD, Paula Wallace, stopped by my square and talked to me about it. She seemed to really like it and I was very humbled by that unexpected honor. I hope you enjoy it too! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment